For the coulis:
- 200g frozen red fruit mix
- 150ml water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- crème de cassis (optional, to your own flavour)
- crème de framboises (optional, to your own flavour)
- crème de fraises (optional, to your own flavour)
For the tiramisu
- 500g spice cake
- +/-300g fresh red fruit
- extra fresh red fruit for decoration
- 1 – 2 tbsp red fruit jam
- 4 eggs
- 500 g mascarpone
- 100 g icing sugar
Red fruit coulis
Put the frozen red fruit in a sauce pan with 150ml of water and 3 tbsp of sugar. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 5 min. on low heat. Pour this mixture through a fine strainer and separate as much of the juice from the pulp as you can. Let cool to room termperature and add the liqueurs to your own flavour.
Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and beat the egg whites to a solid mass with a wisk.
Mix the egg yolks with the icing sugar and the mascarpone. Add 1 or 2 tbsp of red fruit jam to this mix (to your own flavour).
Now gently mix the egg whites through the mascarpone mix.
Soak the slices of spice cake in the coulis and cover the bottom of a dish with them. Arrange a layer of finely cut red fruit on top of this (not to thik), followed by half of the mascarpone mix.
Then start over with the slices of spice cake. Make sure for the top layer, the red fruit is completely covered by the mascarponemix.
- 4Let rest in the refrigarator for a night.Before serving, decorate the tiramisu with some fresh red fruit.